Anastasia-Maria Hountalas is an associate at Steinecke Maciura LeBlanc, where she advises and represents clients in all aspects of professional regulation. Prior to joining the firm, Anastasia-Maria summered and articled in the litigation department of a leading national law firm, with a focus on health law. Anastasia-Maria is proficient in French.
Anastasia-Maria completed a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in History at McGill University and obtained her law degree from Queen’s University. During law school, Anastasia-Maria was actively involved in the Queen’s Law community, participating in the Prison Law Clinic and several study abroad programs.
Anastasia-Maria serves on the Board of Directors of Young Women in Law as President.
T (416) 644-4781
RECENT PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Compassionate Regulation”
SML Online Learning Series, July 2020
- “CNAR COVID-19 Discussion Series: Virtual Hearings”
CNAR Coping with COVID-19 Series, May 2020
- “Cannabis Topicals: Can Professionals Apply Them to Clients?”
CNAR Network Newsletter, March 2020
- “What Makes a Good Regulator?” (Pre-Conference Event)
CNAR Quebec City, October 2019
- “Update on the Cannabis Act”
SML Online Learning Series, March 2019
- “Assessing Credibility in Cases Involving Sexual Abuse”
SML Online Learning Series, May 2018
- “What Is a New Cause of Action? The Need for Certainty in the Post-Limitation Amendments to Pleadings”
Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2017