Effective regulation requires good governance. Boards of Directors and governing Councils must ensure they have the right policies in place, that oversight is effective and that the regulator is acting in the public interest. Steinecke Maciura LeBlanc can assist by:
- Conducting a governance audit, including agenda development and meeting preparation
- Connecting governance to strategy so advancing strategy is embedded in the organization
- Delivering Council/Board and staff governance training including role clarification for senior management and executive officers
- Advice on specific industry or government requirements
- Developing and implementing effective board recruitment processes
- Developing, drafting and implementing governance policies and procedures
Crucial today is a commitment by regulators to keep the future in focus. Changes in industry, professional services delivery, government priorities and technology are affecting how professionals deliver their services and how regulators must ensure effective public protection. Our work with clients across the spectrum of professional regulation has allowed SML to develop unique perspectives on what regulators should be considering to enhance their effectiveness. We work with our clients to help them stay ahead of the curve of change through education and training, facilitated workshops for staff and Boards/Councils and engagement in strategic thinking about ways to maximise their effectiveness.